Northern Estates Services Ltd was set up in 2007 after an opportunity was spotted in the commercial grounds care market to put together a team of dedicated, highly trained and motivated individuals who could deliver an outstanding service.
As commercial property people, we understand the importance of good estate maintenance and how it underpins the asset value of the estates and properties that we look after which is essential to both Landlord and Asset Manager alike.
By taking a very straightforward and uncomplicated approach to business, and by providing an outstanding service to our Clients, Northern Estates Services has quickly grown to become the leading landscape maintenance, property maintenance, arboricultural and vegetation management company in the North of England working with some of the biggest names in the commercial property sector along with some of the largest and most prestigious rural estates.
This has been achieved solely through hard work and repeat business, combined with the in grained principle that we stand by our work, we stand by our people and we stand by our Clients.
- Our teams are all equipped with modern, well maintained/serviced equipment enabling them to undertake all tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- We commit significant investment annually to new machinery & equipment.
- All equipment is regularly serviced by our local dealerships, and a full service record is kept on every piece of kit.
- All equipment is checked/sharpened etc. regularly in-house by our site foreman and by designated Team Leaders.
- Our Team Leaders are equipped with smart phones to record & report.
- We operate a fleet of high specification vehicles suited to the daily tasks of the individual teams.
- All vehicles are well maintained, liveried and fitted with trackers, first aid kits and fire extinguishers.
- Each vehicle houses a lock box with the tools and equipment required to carry out the works.
- All of our employees are employed on permanent contracts.
- They are employed all year round, giving us the manpower we need to cover holidays, sickness etc.
- We have our own in-house HR Manager.
- We have a robust recruitment process and all staff are eligible to work in the UK.
- We provide a supportive pastoral environment for all.
- We provide excellent facilities at our bases –wash room, laundry room, drying room, amenity room, car parking etc.
Training & Development
Our staff have successfully passed the following training courses:
- First Aid (Forestry)
- Use & handling of Pesticides (PA1, PA2, PA6, PA6AW)
- Tree Surgery, tree climbing & aerial rescue (CS30, CS31, CS38, CS39, CS41)
- Woodchipper Operations
- Stump Grinding Operations
- All Terrain Vehicle Handling
- Land Based Machinery
- Trailer Tests
- Driver CPC Training
- NPORS Excavator Training
- CSCS and ROLO Training
- All staff are given uniform & PPE which includes hard hats, chainsaw boots, chainsaw pants and high visibility clothing.
- PPE is inspected daily at morning briefings and tool box talk meetings.